Biography and Community Involvement
As a member of the Vienna Town Council since 2002, I have focused on preserving a high quality of life in Vienna while keeping taxes low.
- Founded the Vienna Green Expo, a showcase for saving energy and money
- Founded "Friends of the Vienna Town Green" to fund the summer concert series
- Initiated Vienna’s Community Garden, an educational and sustainability project
- Increased enforcement of erosion and sedimentation controls during construction
- Supported sidewalks, traffic calming, community policing, and controlling the Town tax rate
- Virginia Municipal League
- Chair, Finance Committee (2009-10)
- Vice Chair, Legislative Committee (2011)
- Executive Board member (2011-present)
- Virginia Elected Officials Leadership Academy, advanced certification
- Chairman, Hunter Mill Land Use Advisory Committee (2001-07)
- Vienna Volunteer Fire Department Capital Campaign (2005-06)
- President, James Madison High School PTSA (2006-08)
- President, Vienna Elementary School PTA (2000-2001)
- President, South Vienna Association (1996-2000)
- Sorensen Institute for Political Leadership, University of Virginia, graduate PLP and CTP
- Halloween Parade Committee
- Vienna Tysons Regional Chamber of Commerce
- American Legion Auxiliary (Vienna Post 180)
- Vienna Lions Club
- Vienna Beautification Commission (1997-99)
- Executive Director, Southeast Fairfax Development Corporation (a revitalization organization)
- Staff, Mason District Supervisor
- Property Manager
- Economist, US Dept of Labor
- MBA, George Washington University
- BA, Johns Hopkins University
- Vienna homeowner since 1994.
- Married to Gary Kelleher, President of Kelsoft, Inc.
- Proud mother of 3 sons raised in Vienna.